Yes, I know, I have been slacking on my blog. I am sorry, but honestly, I am sure your not really that upset.
So Bill and I have been married for 12 and a half years now, and I have fortunately been able to talk him out of getting a dog. Bill has ALWAYS had a dog, and loves them. I almost always had a dog in the house, but honestly they were my parents dogs, and I hardly ever played with them. I would say, I am NOT an animal person. I have allergies to pet dander, why add something else to the house to clean up after, and have to "train"!! Well, I guess the time has come that I am being overruled. My girls and Bill have outvoted me on getting a dog. So a week from today, Bill and I will be driving to Lake City to pick up our new puppy. She is an 8-week old Doberman, named Roxy. She is cute, but honestly I am not excited yet. I hope and pray that I DO grow to love her, seeing that I will be the one home with her, cleaning up after her, feeding her, and training her. I am starting to make a list of the positives of having a dog, so far a running partner is all that I have. If you have any advice, please feel free to give it to me.
So Bill and I have been married for 12 and a half years now, and I have fortunately been able to talk him out of getting a dog. Bill has ALWAYS had a dog, and loves them. I almost always had a dog in the house, but honestly they were my parents dogs, and I hardly ever played with them. I would say, I am NOT an animal person. I have allergies to pet dander, why add something else to the house to clean up after, and have to "train"!! Well, I guess the time has come that I am being overruled. My girls and Bill have outvoted me on getting a dog. So a week from today, Bill and I will be driving to Lake City to pick up our new puppy. She is an 8-week old Doberman, named Roxy. She is cute, but honestly I am not excited yet. I hope and pray that I DO grow to love her, seeing that I will be the one home with her, cleaning up after her, feeding her, and training her. I am starting to make a list of the positives of having a dog, so far a running partner is all that I have. If you have any advice, please feel free to give it to me.
Her ears have been cropped, but still have stitches in them, so they are healing a little before we have to start taping them to keep them standing up straight.

2 comments:
I'm really thinking hard about some positives of having Roxy but so far I'm with you on that one......a running partner and that's it. One piece of advice is when you go running with her take some plastic trash bags so you can pick up the poop she will leave behind. There is nothing worse then stepping in dog poo!. Also you may want to start doubling up on your allergy meds.
I will be praying for you sis!
Love you always :)
Dogs are really great, but I do feel sorry for you with the allergies!! :(
Addie and Aaron are always asking for a puppy. I wish we could get one, but living in an apartment keeps us from that.
The real funny thing will be when Roxy only likes you because you are the one taking care of her :)
Post a Comment