Every year the school that the girls go to, has grandparents day. The grandparents come at 9 am and the kids will put on a presentation of what they have learned so far. Then they are aloud to take the kids out to lunch, and if they want, keep them out the rest of the day. Well, this year was the first year that both girls are at the school. In years past it was just Madison, so we would take turns alternating the years and grandparents. Now that Kynley is there, we have a day for each set of grandparents to attend. Then next year they will switch.
So Monday was Madisons day. This year Bill's dad (Papa) rode his bike to the school to be there for it. After the presentation, he had to leave for a Hurricane Disaster Relief meeting. So Bill's mom came a little later, after her appt., and checked Madison out of school to take her out. Well Grandma asked Madison what she wanted to do. She said, we can go shopping at The Town Center, The Avenues, or wherever. Madison said, "I want to go to MOSH", for those of you not aware, MOSH stands for Museum of Science and History. I thought, "where have I gone wrong". But if you know Madison, this is exactly what she likes. She is my brainiac, she loves Science, History and filling us in on little facts that she learns. They apparently have a Bug exhibit going on right now, and she loved it. EWWWW!!!
So today (Wed.) was Kynley's day. My mom (Nana) went to Kynley's grandparents day. 1st of all, if you know my mom, you know that she does NOT see 9 a.m. very often. She is busy sewing, and whatever else she does in that sewing room of hers, while most of us are sleeping, so therefore, she is eating breakfast, when most of us are eating lunch (love ya mom, I couldn't resist)!! So she got to go and see what Kynley has been learning, and she probably gained a new respect for Kindergarten teachers. After the presentation they went to Toys R Us and got Kynley a new Barbie, then ate lunch at the LOOP. So Kynley got home around 12:30, ready to play with her new Barbie. I told her she could play for about 20 min., then it was time for a nap. She doesn't always want a nap, but definitely NEEDS one daily. So I put her in her room, prayed, and told her to go to sleep and not get up (which has become a daily sentence that I have to say). Well, I barely make it out to the den, and I hear her. I got to check on her, and she is not in her room. She has snuck into her sisters closet to play with some dolls. I tell her to get back in her room, and next time she gets a spankin. So once again, I get to the den and not long after, I hear a door slam. So I go to her room to check on her, this is where it gets FUNNY!! I peak in the cracked door and see her blanket pulled up all the way over her pillow. It looks like there is a big lump under it, so I think "maybe she is under it". I lift it up to see she has placed her animals under it to look like she is in her bed. Now people, she is 5 years old!!! So, as I am DYING laughing, trying to bite my lip, I go back to the closet in her sisters room to find her playing again. As soon as I open the door, she scurries so fast back to her room, I spank her bottom as she runs by, hoping she is not seeing me trying not to laugh my head off. So I get in there and ask her what this is, pointing at the animals, and she proceeds to tell me with that "oh so adorable face", I was trying to make it look like I was in the bed. Now understand, I am putting my hands up to my face, biting my lip, and whatever I can do, to not let her see me STILL laughing!! So I proceed to tell her that, she was being deceitful by trying to make it look like she was in the bed. She apologized and laid back down, and FINALLY fell asleep.
So, I came back to the den, thinking OMG, she is either a genius at 5 yrs old to think of that, or I have a future Hoodlum on my hands. I am SOOOOOOOOO gonna be on my knees daily with her. She keeps me BUSY!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
She is a genius! I wish I was that smart at 5.
Maddison
This is hilarious! She is so gonna give you a hard time. :)
So, if Addie and Kynley got together they could like rob a bank or something :)
Aaron came running in the other day and said..."Addie is trying to organize me" He cracks me up!
Whoa, Shelly! Ask her to not pass any ideas to Noah that involve hi-jinks. He has enough. :)
Post a Comment